Mature asian job applicant being interviewed by young hr executives

Do I Need to Contact an Attorney if I Receive a Performance Improvement Plan?

Since 1978, performance improvement plans (PIPs) are a standard tool federal employers use to address alleged unacceptable employee performance. While these plans are designed to help employees improve their performance, they can also be a source of stress and confusion. This may make you wonder if you need an attorney after receiving a PIP.

The Law Firm of John P. Mahoney, Esq., Attorneys at Law, PLLC, with our extensive knowledge and experience in federal employment law, strongly recommends seeking legal counsel when faced with a PIP. Here's why:

Protection of Your Rights

As a federal employee, you have certain rights and protections. An experienced attorney can inform you about these rights and ensure that they are not being violated. For instance, you have the right to be treated fairly during the PIP process, and any deviation from this could be grounds for legal action.

Navigating the Complexities

Federal employment law is complex. Understanding the intricacies of a PIP and its potential repercussions on your career requires a deep understanding of this legal landscape. Our team of expert attorneys can provide you with the necessary guidance and clarity.

Building a Strong Defense

If your performance does not improve to your employer's satisfaction after the PIP, serious consequences such as demotion or termination could occur. In such cases, having an attorney by your side from the outset can help build a strong defense.

Call to Action

We understand that receiving a PIP can feel overwhelming. However, you can navigate this challenge effectively with the proper legal guidance. Our firm, backed by the expertise of federal labor and employment law attorney John P. Mahoney, Esq., is here to provide the support you need. We are dedicated to serving federal employees and protecting their rights.

If you've received a PIP, don't hesitate. Protect your career and your rights by reaching out to the experienced federal employment attorneys at The Law Firm of John P. Mahoney, Esq., Attorneys at Law, PLLC. Contact us today for a consultation.