Federal Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act

As a federal employee, you are protected in more ways than one. One of the primary ways you are protected is through the Federal Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act, which Congress passed in 1989. Our DC federal employment attorney of John P. Mahoney, Esq., Attorney at Law will help determine whether or not your rights have been violated according to the Whistleblower Protection Act, and we will help you determine the best course of action if this is the case.

The Federal Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act states if you are an employee of the federal government who complains about a work-related issue relating to government waste, mismanagement of funds, fraud, or any other forms of abuse within the government, you will be protected. Your employer cannot retaliate against you by firing or demoting you due to your whistleblower status. If and retaliatory behavior occurs, you can pursue several forms of justice. These include, but are not limited to, compensation for your emotional distress, back-pay for your lack of promotion or firing, and even giving you your job back.

As a whistleblower, you have rights and we at John P. Mahoney, Esq., Attorney at Law intend to defend them against any negative consequences you may face on behalf of your employer. The federal government is a frightening opponent to be up against, and we seek to ensure you are not taken advantage of.

Contact Our DC Federal Employment Attorney Today

John P. Mahoney, Esq., Attorney at Law is a trusted DC federal employment lawyer with the experience and skill you want on your side when you are facing a legal concern in the workplace. Our legal team will do everything in our power to ensure your rights are protected while promoting your best interests. We take sincere pride in making a difference in our clients’ lives--allow us to fight for your rights.

If you would like to schedule an initial consultation with a trusted member of our firm, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling (877) 771-2231.